Council Meeting Venue and Times
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month in the Council Chambers, 7 Brockman Street, Gingin, unless otherwise notified. Meeting dates and times are subject to change, from time to time, for reasons beyond Council's control. Council will endeavour to advise the public of such changes by posting of notices on the Council notice board and where practical, a local public notice in the Advocate.
Council Forum commences at 2.00pm followed by the meeting at 3.00pm.
2013 Meeting Dates
Council Meeting Public Question Time
Question Time is held at the beginning of each Ordinary Meeting. Questions at a Special or Ordinary Meeting should relate to the purpose of that meeting or relate to a matter affecting Local Government. Question Time will be 15 minutes unless further time is permitted by the Presiding Officer.
Rules for Public Question Time
- Question Time is not a public forum for debate or making of public statements. The time is limited to a question and answer period only, and questions should be clear and to the point to enable a response.
- To ensure that all questions asked during Public Question Time are accurately recorded, they shall be made available in written form and delivered to the Chief Executive Officer immediately following the asking of same.
- To enable all members of the public present to participate in Question Time, each individual will only ask one question at a time. The President or Presiding Member will then allow the members of the public to ask further questions sequentially, one at a time.
- Questions are to be directed through the Chair, with the President or Presiding Member having the right to accept, reject, respond to or nominate a Councillor or Officer to respond to any question.
- The member of the public who raises a question is to state his or her name and address.
- Answers to questions are provided in good faith. However, unless reasonable prior written notice of the question is given, the answer provided may not be totally comprehensive and therefore cannot be relied upon.
- If a question cannot be answered during Question Time then it shall be submitted in writing by the person putting the question, and dealt with in accordance with normal Council procedure.