The Shire of Gingin plays a lead role in the maintenance of food hygiene including food handling and preparation.
Environmental Health Officers conduct:
- Food premises inspections
- Food sampling for bacterial and chemical analysis - both random and Health Department of Western Australia food monitoring programs
- Investigations of food complaints
- Investigations of food-borne illnesses - after receiving confirmed notifications from a Doctor.
- Food recalls after contamination or deterioration of food products.
- Food labeling compliance.
- Approving new premises to current health standards and legislation.
- Regulating and approving food stalls for one-off or temporary functions.