Domestic Waste Collection - Council provides a weekly rubbish service in all towns and rural residential areas within the Shire. This service is also available to property owners along the rubbish collection route. A 240 litre mobile type rubbish bin is the responsibility of the owner and must be maintained to ensure that it remains in good working order.
Shire Refuse Disposal Sites - Council currently operates three refuse disposal sites in the areas of Lancelin, Seabird and Gingin. Clean greenwaste is to be separated from your general rubbish and placed in the area set aside for this purpose. It is an offence to light fires at any of our refuse disposal sites and offenders will be prosecuted.
Liquid waste (Septic Pump outs) - Liquid waste can only be collected from a Council approved operator and disposed of at an approved site. Council's Health Department can advise of approved operators within our area.
Recycling of Electronic Waste (e-waste)
E-waste can be determined by everyday consumer items that contain electrical parts. E-waste can range from large household appliances to computers to electrical hand tools. The degree to which the range of e-waste can be recovered or recycled is listed below.
The Shire of Gingin landfills will accept but not limited to the following e-waste from householders, free of charge:
• Large household appliances: (“white goods” such as fridges, washing machines, clothes dryers, dishwashers, electric cookers, microwave ovens, dish washing machines, electric fans, electric radiators, etc);
• Small domestic appliances: including toasters, irons, vacuum cleaners and hairdryers;
• Information technology equipment: (computers, monitors, photocopiers, fax machines, printers, televisions, scanners, laptops, and servers);
• Telecommunications equipment: (mobile phones, mobile networks);
• Consumer equipment: (televisions, power tools, DVD players, hi-fi equipment, electric guitars, amplifiers, radios, cameras, video camera’s etc);
• Toys, leisure and sports equipment: including video game consoles, electronic fitness equipment, and electric trains etc;
• Electrical and electronic tools: including drills, saws, sewing machines, lawnmowers, sanders;
• Medical devices: including imaging and radio therapy equipment;
• Monitoring control instruments: including smoke detectors and thermostats; and
• Automatic dispensers: including cold drinks and snacks dispensers.
Management Facility Operations
Please be advised, that in order to ensure that all residents of the coastal strip in the Shire of Gingin, have access to a Shire of Gingin Waste Management Facility every day of the week, a decision has been made to alter the days that the Seabird Landfill closes.
Gingin - 8:30am-5:30pm Thursday to Monday
Seabird - 8:30am-5:30pm Saturday to Wednesday
Lancelin - 8:30am-5:30pm Thursday to Monday
Should you have any queries regarding this matter, please contact the Shire Office on 9575 2211.