Planning & Development
The Shire's Planning Department provides advice regarding issues in relation to town planning and planning permit application assessment for the municipality. Buildings and works in the municipality, whether residential, rural or business, may be required to be approved by Council through the Development Application Process.
Council is required to assess each planning application in line with the Shire of Gingin Local Planning Scheme, the Shire of Gingin Local Planning Strategy and any other relevant government policies.
The Planning Department provides information, advice and guidance on:
- General planning issues;
- Issuing of planning certificates;
- New residential and commercial developments;
- Design of alterations and additions;
- Environment and heritage protection;
- Flood controls;
- Change of use;
- Liquor licensing matters;
- Planning enforcement;
- Current planning permit applications; and
- Shire of Gingin Local Planning Scheme and amendments made to the scheme.
For link to the Shire of Gingin's current list of Fees & Charges, click here.
If you would like more information on planning and development within the Shire of Gingin please contact our Planning Department on (08) 9575 2211.