Dog Exercise and Dog Prohibited Areas
The Shire of Gingin recently conducted a review of existing Designated Dog Exercise and Dog Prohibited areas within the Shire and, as a result, the following changes have been made:
- Locations 265, 326 and Lot 66 Weld Street - the area the makes up Granville Park, Gingin - has been changed from a ‘Dog Prohibited Area’ to an ‘On Lead Only – Dog Exercise Area’.
- Guilderton Beach Dog Exercise Area has been extended from south of the Mortimer Street Groyne through to a line drawn west of the intersection of Gordon and Hanson Streets, Guilderton.
- The section of beach adjacent to the Seabird Caravan Park is no longer a ‘Dog Prohibited Area’.
- The southern boundary of Ledge Point Beach ‘Dog Prohibited Area’ has been amended to now align with a line drawn west from the De Burgh Street beach access road.
- The time limitation between the hours of 0800 and 1800 hours that currently applies to the Lancelin Dog Prohibited Area in the section of beach adjacent to Cunliffe Street has been removed.
Appropriate signage will be installed, and maps of all Prohibited Dog Areas and Designated Dog Exercise Areas will be available shortly.
Please note: Dogs must be on leads at all times unless in a designated Dog Exercise Area. Even on a lead, dogs are not allowed in a Dog Prohibited Areas.
For more information please contact Ranger Services on (08) 9575 5148.