#Caremongering - 'Vulnerable Persons' & 'Can You Help Registers'

Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 12:00:00 PM

Those kind Canadians are inspiring us all with their “Care-mongering” campaign. This campaign is designed to identify those in our community in need of help and those wanting to offer their help.

The Shire has established a Vulnerable Person Register to launch our own #Caremongering campaign. If you are a Vulnerable Person then we encourage you to register or if you are someone who knows someone in need of assistance to get essential items or who may need checking up on or a phone call once a week then please encourage them to register themselves on the Vulnerable Person Register. Contact Cher on (08) 9575 5138 or register via the Shire's website - www.gingin.wa.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx.

Someone may be considered vulnerable if they:

  • Are frail (single or couple)
  • Have mobility issues
  • Are aged and live alone
  • Are not aged but have significant barriers, no local support or they live alone

Other considerations may include:

  • People who have recently moved to the area and have not yet established community connections
  • Households with disabled family members
  • Stranded Interstate and International travellers

Can You Help instead? 

If you would like to make an offer to your fellow community members in the Shire or you would like to volunteer in some way then the Shire has also established an Offer Register.

Contact Cher on (08) 9575 5138 or register via the Shire's website - www.gingin.wa.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx.

You could offer things like:

  • Pick up of essentials for those on the Vulnerable Persons Register
  • To share excess essential items that you have bought with your fellow community members, e.g. maybe you have extra toilet paper, etc. that is surplus to your needs.

Back to All News