Fire Control Officers

Shire of Gingin Fire Control Officers (FCOs) are authorised to issue permits to burn on private land during Restricted Burning Periods which occurs from 1 March - 31 May and 1 October to 21 November annually.

Fire Control Officers are also empowered to enter land and issue directives relating to fire suppression and control. 

When dealing with your local FCO please remember:

  • They are volunteers who give up their personal time to undertake this community role. Please treat them kindly. 
  • You should only contact them between 8am and 5pm. Contacting them outside of these hours infringes on their personal time.
  • If you are refused a permit by your local FCO, please do not take it personally. By not issuing permits until it is considered safe to do so, FCOs are protecting you (the permit holder) from the risk of prosecution should a controlled burn escape. 
  • You need to follow the directions issued on your permit once you receive it. 

Fire Control Officer Contacts

For a complete list of this season's Fire Control Officers, please refer to page 23 of your copy of your Fire Break Orders issued in August. Alternatively, you can view this list by clicking here

GUILDERTON & WOODRIDGE residents should note that their local FCO is not available for their area for the 2020/21 season. Please contact either James Morton (0427 141 078) or George Grant (0408 830 868) for a permit during the Restricted Burning Period. 

Shire of Gingin Offices


7 Brockman Street
Gingin WA 6503

T: (08) 9575 5100

F: (08) 9575 2121



255 Vins Way
Lancelin WA 6044

T: (08) 9575 5155

F: (08) 9575 2121


Yued Country Moore River Region