Effluent Disposal

As most of the Shire still relies on septic tank and leach drain apparatus for the disposal of household effluent, it is important that all new installations are approved by Council. You will be asked to provide a Septic Tank Application with your application for building licence to ensure that the system you require meets all necessary legislation.

There is a large variety of apparatus now approved for use within Western Australia, details of different systems best suited to your needs can be obtained from the Shire's Environmental Health Officer.

See link below to the Department of Health's website for more information and access to application forms:

Septic Tank Information and Application Forms - Department of Health

Shire of Gingin Offices


7 Brockman Street
Gingin WA 6503

T: (08) 9575 5100

F: (08) 9575 2121

E: mail@gingin.wa.gov.au


255 Vins Way
Lancelin WA 6044

T: (08) 9575 5155

F: (08) 9575 2121

E: mail@gingin.wa.gov.au

Yued Country Moore River Region