Wandering Livestock

Are you the owner or caretaker of livestock? If so, does the Shire have your up-to-date contact information in the event your stock are found wandering or, even worse, involved in an accident?

It is vital that together we make our roads as safe as possible and landowners are responsible for keeping stock securely confined. Failure to securely confine stock could result in animals being impounded and incurring an infringement. The Shire may also issue a fencing notice on property owners whose fences are required to be improved to a standard to ensure stock is securely contained.

If you haven’t already done so, we are asking all livestock owners/managers to provide us with your current contact information so we are able to contact you should you have straying livestock.To make it easy, there is an online form below.

Livestock Owner/Caretaker Contact Update Form

= Required Fields

Get Audio Code



If you see stray livestock on verges or reserves, please report to our Rangers immediately on 9575 5140.

Shire of Gingin Offices


7 Brockman Street
Gingin WA 6503

T: (08) 9575 5100

F: (08) 9575 2121

E: mail@gingin.wa.gov.au


255 Vins Way
Lancelin WA 6044

T: (08) 9575 5155

F: (08) 9575 2121

E: mail@gingin.wa.gov.au

Yued Country Moore River Region