Building Forms & Guides

Are you preparing to submit a building application to the Shire of Gingin? Do you need to do some demolition or apply for occupancy? Detailed below you will find a list of application forms and how to lodge your application. 

Please note if your project requires Development Approval and/or Health (Septic) Approval then you must obtain this prior to lodging an application for a Building Permit.

How to Submit an Application

  1. Contact the Shire's Building Services department on (08) 9575 5100, option 3 to clarify what type of application you need to submit and if there is any additional documentation that you may be required to submit with your application. 
  2. Once advised by the Shire's Building Services department, select the appropriate form to download from the list in the sections below on this page and complete it.   
  3. Lodge your Application and supporting documentation with the Shire's Building Services department as per the instructions below. 

Building, Demolition & Occupancy Permit Forms

BA1 – Application for Building Permit (Certified)

BA2 – Application for Building Permit (Uncertified)

BA5 – Application for Demolition Permit

BA9 – Application for Occupancy Permit

Building Approval Certificate

BA13 – Application for Building Approval Certificate

Further information about this type of certificate (such as why it is necessary to have approval, penalties for not gaining approval, etc.) can be viewed on the Unauthorised Buildings/Structures page of this website. 

Request a Copy of Plans for an Existing Structure

Property owners are able to request copies of plans for their property (or authorise a third party to collect) in the event that their own copies are lost or destroyed. 

All property plans are available to be posted or collected from the Shire. The transmission of plans electronically is not available. An administrative fee(s) is also payable to undertake this service. Please refer to the Shire's Schedule of Fees & Charges for this cost. 

Application for Copy of Plans

Lodge Your Application

You can lodge your application:

  • In person at the Shire of Gingin Administration Centre, 7 Brockman Street, Gingin
  • By mail to Shire of Gingin, PO Box 510, Gingin WA 6503
  • By email to (please note an electronic printing fee applies) 

For information on the building approvals process in WA please see the Guide to Building Approvals process in WA


For more information regarding the construction of buildings within the Shire, please contact the Shire's Building Services department on (08) 9575 5100, option 3.