Applications for subdivisions are made to the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC). The WAPC undertakes the assessment process, which includes referring the Application for Subdivision to the Shire of Gingin for comment.

The Shire of Gingin assess such applications based on Local Planning Scheme No 9, Local Planning Policies, relevant Outline Development Plans, and the Residential Design Codes. The Shire may recommend certain conditions to the WAPC for consideration.

For further information on submitting an Application for Subdivision please contact the WAPC:

Alternatively, application forms can be downloaded from the WAPC website -


Residential Design Codes of Western Australia

R-Codes are the basis for the control of residential development in most local authorities in all parts of the State.

Full details of R-Codes can be viewed on the Western Australian Planning Commission website, link here.

Shire of Gingin Offices


7 Brockman Street
Gingin WA 6503

T: (08) 9575 5100

F: (08) 9575 2121



255 Vins Way
Lancelin WA 6044

T: (08) 9575 5155

F: (08) 9575 2121


Yued Country Moore River Region