Projects - Shire Land & Assets

From time to time a community group/individual may wish to undertake a project where they would like to alter, upgrade and/or add new infrastructure/assets to the Shire of Gingin’s property (including land). The Shire loves receiving innovative proposals and strongly encourages these sorts of projects because often the public is using these facilities and/or land and it is obvious to them that there may be a need to make improvements. 

However, in the first instance the Shire (as the landowner/manager) should be contacted to determine if these works may be carried out BEFORE any such works are undertaken. Community groups/individuals may not undertake any works on Shire property/land without the authority of the Shire of Gingin. By not seeking and obtaining permission from the Shire to carry out any work, those who have enacted the changes have carried out unapproved works – a concept no different than a tenant making changes to private property without informing their landlord. 

So if you are an individual or community group and you have a proposal for a Shire asset (or piece of land, i.e. public park) then please read through our 'Frequently Asked Questions' fact sheet and fill in a 'Concept Enquiry' form. 

'Frequently Asked Questions' fact sheet

'Concept Enquiry' form

What happens next?

Shire officers and Council will review the submitted 'Concept Enquiry' to determine whether the project will receive in-principle support or not (based on supply of adequate project information). Please note this stage can take up to two months depending on the date submitted and Shire/Council scheduled meetings.

If in-principle support is received from the Shire then the applicant (if eligible) may wish to consider applying for Shire funding via the 'Community Grants Program' or 'Council Budget Request'. Refer to the Shire's Grants & Funding web page for further information on this process. 

Shire of Gingin Offices


7 Brockman Street
Gingin WA 6503

T: (08) 9575 5100

F: (08) 9575 2121



255 Vins Way
Lancelin WA 6044

T: (08) 9575 5155

F: (08) 9575 2121


Yued Country Moore River Region